Dietary Practices to Help Your Weight Stay in Check
Bodyweight is an issue that concerns everyone, especially women. Keeping your weight off can be stressful, requiring long-term changes. Unfortunately, you will always find yourself bouncing back to your previous eating habits no matter how much you try to lose weight, causing you to regain the weight. Are you struggling with weight management in Lady Lake? If so, contact Kalpana Desai at Integrated Family Medical Center.
How can you use BMI to evaluate your body?
When it comes to assessing your body, there are different ways your healthcare provider may use to check if your weight is suitable for your height. Though BMI effectively evaluates whether you are obese or not, having a ‘healthy’ reading does not necessarily mean that you are at your most healthy weight. Thus:
- You are less healthy when your BMI reading is above the healthy range. However, the reading should not worry you when you have a massive body frame, have lots of muscles and minimal fat.
- You have increased chances of weight-related risks the further your BMI is from the standard range. The good news is that you may benefit from a weight loss regime, especially if you have other health risks.
- BMI reading slightly below the normal range is healthy unless an illness is responsible for the results.
Children and adults have no specific weights. However, your doctor might suggest you track your waist measurements and body weight and note if either increase steadily. If you are elderly or middle-aged and notice that your weight measurements are on the rise every time, you might be losing your body muscles and gaining fat. In such an instance, your healthcare provider may advise you to stay active.
How should you manage your weight?
Various factors, including your genes, affect your tendency to gain weight. You might also gain weight significantly when you have plenty of food and when you use machines to save your energy and time. Though there are several ways to shed excess weight, the plans will only be successful when you have a long-term change in your eating habits. However, instead of strictly following a diet plan that might be challenging to stick with for long, your doctor might recommend you revise your eating habits. Adjusting your eating practices will make it possible for you to lose weight and maintain a standard weight. To help you stay in check with your weight, you might try the following tips:
- Go for foods that have low levels of added sugars and fat
- Eat a healthy assortment of foods including fruits, vegetables and grains. Besides good health, the foods might help you manage your weight.
- Always stick to a portion of food at a time.
- Be more active during the day. To help you maintain your weight, especially after a weight loss, your doctor may advise you to work out everyday for at least 45minutes.
- Do not despair when you make a poor dietary choice. You can still make good choices that might help you stick to your plan.
Excessive concern about your excessive weight can lead to uncalled-for behaviors like exercising too much, which may worsen your case. Seek professional advice when you notice your weight gain starts to bother you.