Sleep is an essential part of a person’s life as it affects both the physical and mental health of a person, and hence, he/she will need a proper bedtime routine. Other factors that help one sleep better are a balanced diet and a good mattress. There are many mattresses available in the commercial market that help an individual to get better sleep. Most importantly, it is essential to get sound sleep to increase a person’s productivity and concentration levels and reduce the risk of weight gain, heart disease, and depression.
Types of Good Mattress To Aid Sleep
The kinds of good mattresses that are available widely are:
- Foam mattress: The foam mattress is of many types, and they trap air with the help of aerated structures to offer bounciness and support to the sleeper.
- Memory Foam Mattress: A king size memory foam mattress combines the layers of memory foam with the support foam and springs. A memory foam mattress India uses the body heat and softens to take the shape of the body. When the pressure on it is removed, they go back to their original form and position, and therefore they are named memory foam mattress.
- Spring Foam Mattress: Wakefit mattresses are bouncier and reduce pain effectively. They are made of both spring and coils to create comfort for the user.
- Orthopaedic Mattress: This is specially designed to offer support for people suffering from back and joint aches and problems. It is an excellent solution to treat pain as they are firm and provide tremendous support.
Positive Effects of Good Sleep Through a Good Mattress
A good night sleep will boost and improve a person’s lifestyle, and when one does not get enough sleep, it is seen to give rise to various adverse effects on an individual. Listed below are some of the reasons why a person requires a good mattress to sleep.
Increases Memory Power
While asleep, the brain tends to build various connections and allows the process of new information. But if one does not sleep properly, then he/she will face a lot of memory issues and tend to become more forgetful.
Heightens Concentration and Productivity
A full night sleep will help an individual increase his/her concentration levels along with productivity. It will also aid in focusing on one’s work better because the person’s work efficiency also increases drastically.
Sleeping well causes a good impact on one’s heart and prevents all kinds of heart ailment and problems. It also keeps the mind fresh and reduces the risk of various mental issues like stress, depression and insomnia.
Without proper sleep routines, a person’s skin starts to grow old, and the areas under the eyes become puffy. One must have noticed that, people who don’t sleep properly develop dark circles around their eyes. So, sleep is essential for a glowing and healthy skin condition.
Routines to Aid Sleep In A Good Mattress
Bedtime routines are crucial in impacting one’s sleep pattern, and it varies depending on the age and person. Practices that one follows before going to bed depend on the individual’s lifestyle and are different for a teenager, adult or older person. A few of the effective routines are mentioned below. They are:
- Meditation: Meditation is an effective sleep hack as even a five to ten minutes meditation session will help a person sleep without any trouble. Therefore, it is advised by even professionals to enhance meditation as a regular practice.
- Healthy dinner: Having a light and healthy dinner will improve sleep quality, whereas eating late with heavy food will drastically affect one’s sleep routine.
- Reading Habit: This is the best bedtime habit one can develop as it relaxes mind, body and soul entirely before hitting the bed. This improves sleep quality and therefore brings a good impact on one’s health.
- Drink Warm Milk: Drinking warm milk before going to bed is an excellent idea to enhance sleep and increase sleep time without interruptions. This also helps a person to immediately fall asleep as soon as he/she hits the bed.
- Take A Bath or Shower: Showering or taking a bath always relieves the stress and relaxes the body. Therefore, performing this few minutes before going to bed is a good practice to initiate sound sleep.
- Listen To Music: A routine habit of listening to music before going to sleep can also provide better sleep to an individual by reducing stress levels accumulated throughout the day. Hence create a pre-bedtime playlist and enjoy it before closing the beautiful day.
- Write Down Plans And Thoughts: Tasks for the next day can be scheduled on blank paper so that it gives a peaceful feeling to the person and helps him remember them correctly immediately after waking up without much stress. And penning down all the thoughts in one’s diary is another excellent move to improve mental health.
Side Effects of Bad Mattress On Sleep
Just like two sides of a coin, the disadvantages of a poor-quality mattress are mentioned below. They are:
Even after sleeping the whole night, the person tends to feel sleepy and drowsy, especially during the afternoon sessions of the day. This is because the wrong mattress interrupts sleep patterns involuntarily.
Sleeping on the wrong mattress increases the risk of weight gain, and this can be determined if the bed takes more than half an hour for a person to fall asleep regularly.
Back pain and heart ailments are the major physical problems associated with using a bad mattress to sleep. Insufficient sleep arouses the risks linked with the heart’s health, and a poorly designed or old bed that offers bad posture brings about permanent damage to the spine. This results in a bad back.
The sleep patterns are mainly affected by the mattress quality, and therefore it is the responsibility of the user to fix it. The bedtime routine is the second factor to impact quality sleep, and consequently, it is essential to address both problems consecutively. Always find the best mattress, and keep in mind that what works for you may not work for your partner or even your friends and family.
Read More About: f95zone