The answer entirely depends upon your needs and professional goals. Diploma versus degree has been a cause for debate for many years. When comparing the two, a diploma scores better than a degree, owing to its flexibility and affordability. If we talk about a business diploma or degree, the former is more prevalent among those who wish to obtain their training to get into the job market sooner. The duration of earning a diploma in business management ranges between 1 and 2 years of study, whereas a bachelor’s degree in business management typically takes 3 to 4 years. So, working professionals and many fresh graduates prefer a diploma in business management over a degree.
Here, you need to know that it is challenging for a business diploma to cover everything in just two years. That’s why the program curriculum varies for a business management diploma and a business management degree. However, the syllabus of a business diploma is tailor-made to focus on the needs of the business professionals and requirements in the global marketplace to give them a competitive edge. To put it simply, a business diploma prepares students to launch a career in the highly competitive and dynamic business domain within two years.
Business diploma: Program content
Unlike business management degrees, the syllabus of a business diploma program covers the practical and technical parts of the course. A business management diploma teaches students the fundamental skills required to run a company smoothly. The course introduces students to various areas of business management, such as accounting, human resources, marketing, sales, operation management, strategy, finance, and customer service.
On the other hand, a business management degree covers the same primary management areas but delves deeper into each component. The degree equips students with theoretical knowledge more than providing job-ready skills. Skills developed through business management diplomas help land more jobs in the global marketplace over theory-based knowledge gained through business management degrees.
Why business diplomas over degrees?
A business diploma is a viable career option for the following reasons:
- A business management diploma makes you job-ready comparatively quicker.
- The program offers a skill-based curriculum to cover it in a short period.
- A business management diploma is relatively more affordable.
- The course provides a strong foundation in business.
- The program acts as a base to pursue further education.
- It is flexible.
Top skills you will gain with a business diploma
A business diploma offers a wide range of skills that prepares you for the job market. Let’s take a look at these in-demand skills.
- Technical skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Technical Writing, Project Management, Information Technology, Digital Literacy, and Data Analytics
- Transferrable skills: Effective Communication, Adaptability, Time Management, Problem-solving, Decision-making, Leadership, Presentation, and Teamwork.
- Relationship building: Forging Links, Invaluable Connections
- Business law basics: Business Legalities and Ethics
Apply for a business diploma course in Canada for umpteen entrepreneurial and industry career options. Sign up now!