Is it easy to get admission to Germany for a Master’s?
Germany is one of the leadingnations in entire Europe as well as the world for students who want to pursue a master’s degree. Affordable tuition fees, various scholarships, high-quality education, top-ranked universities, and opportunities to settle in European nations after studies are what make Germany a popular choice among international students.
Well known for competitive master’s programmes, securing admissions into a top-ranked and reputed German university is considerably challenging due to the stiff competition. However, admission requirements for a master’s in Germany are relatively straightforward than their foreign counterparts. Thus, getting admission to a top-notch German university is more accessible than in the United States of America, Singapore, or Canada.
While applying for a master’s degree in Germany, it is essential to understand that German admissions are fiercely competitive. Candidates with strong academic background and work experience gain more preference than others for admissions. That is why candidates with a good Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score get an additional advantage over other candidates in the admission process.
Now, we delve into the entry requirements you need to successfully get admission to a leading German university to pursue a master’s degree. Read on to discover what academic qualification you require to stand out from the crowd and get into a German university.
Entry requirements for a master’s degree in Germany
Here are the entry requirements that you must possess in order to make it to the top universities in Germany.
- Your minimum age to apply for a master’s programme in Germany must be 21.
- You must have a strong bachelor’s degree from a recognised college/university.
- In case you do not have the basic academic qualifications to apply for the course, you can show full-time work experience that must not be less than four years.
- Although the official language of Germany is German, universities offer courses in both German and English. Thus, you will require to prove your English language proficiency if you are not a native of Germany.
- You must have scored a minimum IELTS of 6.0 to prove your proficiency in the English language. You can also show a minimum PTE score of 50 or equivalent to get into a German university.
Please note that the English language requirements are only for non-English speakers. If you are a native English speaker or have an English education, you do not require to meet the English language requirements.
Why should you study in Germany?
There are umpteen compelling reasons to choose Germany for a master’s degree. With a thriving economy, Germany has the lowest unemployment rate in Europe. The large and stable German job market appeals to many international students who want to make an international career or settle in Europe. Furthermore, Germany’s Berlin is the most affordable and student-friendly destination for international students. With some of the best educational institutes, the city provides accommodation at a meagre cost. You can also work for up to 120 days per year to gain work experience and earn some extra money during your studies. Sign up for the course now!